The holiday season can be extremely stressful. They add an extra million things to our already very crowded to-do lists. Sometimes we forget to enjoy the season and just feel overwhelmed. But, there are a few things that you can do to simplify the season.
- Shop Online for Gifts – Buying gifts online is not only convenient; it’s smart. You can compare prices and find the best deals without fighting the crowds.
- Shop Online for Christmas Duds – Finding holiday finery for your children is a hassle when you have to drag unwilling young ones from store to store. You can find gorgeous girl’s Christmas dresses online and save yourself the headache.
- Simplify your Gift Giving – Magazine subscriptions, event tickets, and gift cards to restaurants make great staple gifts for the people on your list that are hard to buy for. Also, consider wrapping a few token gifts such as chocolates, cookies, or nuts in the event of a needed unexpected present.
- Make Christmas Dinner a Potluck – Have everyone pitch in by bringing a dish to Christmas dinner instead of taking on the whole cooking feat on your own. Assign everyone to a course and trim your workload and not just the turkey.
- Delegate – Can your sitter wrap gifts after the children are asleep? Can your children help with Christmas cards? Delegating a small task here and there can really add up.
- Relax and enjoy – The fondest memories your children will have of the holidays are the ones where you are enjoying yourself. Remember that the most important part of Christmas is family and memories and panic attacks make for very unpleasant memories!